What is Dropbox, and how can you get the most out of Dropbox on your computer, phone, or tablet? In Dropbox In 30 Minutes (2nd Edition), award-winning technology journalist Ian Lamont uses step-by-step instructions, screenshots, and a touch of humor to explain everything from basic Dropbox installation steps to best practices for Dropbox sharing. In a single sitting, this quick and easy guide will help you get the most out of Dropbox on your computer, phone, or tablet.
The second edition of this popular Dropbox book includes updated chapters as well as additional sections describing new features of the Dropbox apps for Windows and Mac PCs and laptops, iOS devices (including the Dropbox app for iPhones and iPads), and Android phones and tablets. The Dropbox manual also covers many useful features of Dropbox.com for backing up, sharing, and recovering files. In addition, the book’s popular Dropbox FAQ has been expanded.
- Dropbox system requirements
- How Dropbox works in the cloud
- Installing Dropbox on Windows PCs
- Installing Dropbox on Macs (macOS), iOS and Android
- The Dropbox app for iOS and Android
- Saving files to Dropbox
- Working with Dropbox folders/groups of files
- Dropbox preferences and Selective Sync
- Opening a Dropbox file or folder from a second computer
- Dropbox mobile app: Downloading/uploading files
- Dropbox Camera Upload for backing up and transferring photos from your mobile phone
- How to automatically transfer photos and videos from your phone to your Dropbox account
- Limited Dropbox sharing via links
- Dropbox collaboration
Thousands of satisfied readers have purchased this Dropbox book or downloaded the Dropbox ebook edition. While Dropbox In 30 Minutes is intended for beginners, even experienced users will discover a few new Dropbox tricks.
The second edition of this guide was last revised in 2018. Choose from paperback or PDF editions.